Who We Are
At Ascent we are building an intelligent compliance platform that enables compliance professionals to easily track and understand their compliance obligations and related regulations. We use a hybrid approach of machine learning and legal expertise to provide our customers with the regulatory knowledge they need.
As trailblazers in our space we’re looking for people passionate about building new and innovative products, who aren’t afraid of challenging the status quo, and who have a thirst for knowledge and creating amazing solutions to generations-old problems.
We want you to think critically about problems, potential solutions, constraints, goals – and then do whatever you can to help the team succeed. Everyone brings a unique set of skills and talents, technical and otherwise, and we want to take advantage of everything you have to offer.
We use many hosted solutions and open source tools. We also place a high premium on our culture and values, both within the tech team and the company as a whole. We believe a diversity of opinions and perspectives creates a stronger team and product, and we are committed to an equal opportunity hiring process.
Who You Are
- Collaborate with our domain team to understand what external data is important to our customers
- Build systems to allow our domain team (a group of lawyers) to gather and, to some extent, standardize that data before it enters our processing pipelines
- Build and manage data pipelines, and iteratively refine our understanding of the data sources we care about
- Design and build solutions for logging, monitoring, and alerting that we can workshop within your team and later promote across the company
- Use creativity and independent thinking to solve technical problems
- Implement with an emphasis on tests, maintainability, and clean coding practices to produce simple solutions and reduce technical debt
- 2+ years professional web programming background in Rails or Python
- Proven ability to develop creative technical solutions given a set of business requirements
- Proven ability to work productively on small teams and manage workstreams independently if needed
- Experience deploying and maintaining code using git-based tools and operating in a continuous deployment/integration environment
- Experience writing thorough tests and documentation for maintainable code-bases
- Experience with web scraping, OCR, data pipelines
- Experience with S3 and cloud-based file management
- Experience working with text data
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- As much RAM as you can fit in a Macbook Pro
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!