Senior UX Designer
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
As Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for the research, design and overall user experience of Ascent’s SaaS platform. You will work with customers, Sales, Engineering and Product to deliver seamless experiences to our customers in the Regulatory and Compliance space. Your objectives will be directly linked to business metrics such as user engagement, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Exercise your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to deliver compelling customer experiences
- Work with the go-to-market team and our customers to map the user journey to educate the product/technology teams on how to view every addition to the product
- Familiarize yourself on insights on the markets and segments in which these applications compete in order to stay abreast of industry trends and channels to anticipate customer needs
- Keep abreast of design trends in the market and bring the best practices to the product/design organization
- Challenge the status quo and recommend efficient user interactions
- Lead design reviews with product and technology and explain the “why” on specific user interactions
- Critique in-progress design work, evaluating the priority and effectivity of solutions
- Create an affinity maps, user flows, personas, and map use-cases to why a person would use the platform
- Create prototypes to show and demonstrate interactions
- Conduct Usability Testing to validate design concepts
- Study analytics and industry trends to understand user behavior
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 5+ years experience in full spectrum of user experience design
- Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs
- Proficiency in design tools such as Invision, Sketch, Zeplin, etc
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Experience developing reporting visualizations for large swaths of data and surfacing user insights
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator across product managers and engineers
- Previous experience with user centered design principles and practices, web/mobile
- Knowledgeable in creating wireframes, visual mockups, user workflows and low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with individual premiums 99% paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!