Senior Software Engineer, Ruby
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series A funding round of $6M in 2018. Our engineering team is scrappy, creative, and collaborative with a “Yes, and” mentality. While we’re committed to doing great work, we also cherish having an empathetic, fun environment where everyone feels safe sharing their ideas and problem-solving together. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we’re solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive at Ascent if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to mentorship and lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your products.
Your team’s system produces our entire value-add: it is through the tools you build that our domain experts (helped by our proprietary AI models) will transform raw information into useful product. Responsibilities:
- Use creativity and independent thinking to solve technical problems
- Help build internal tools that allow people to interface with and manipulate our data
- Implement backend and frontend features on a Rails/React App
- Collaborate with our internal domain experts to create the tools that will maximize their efficiency
Minimum skills and experience
- Commitment to thorough tests and documentation for maintainable code-bases
- Empathy for and ability to listen to our internal customers and respond to their needs
- AWS, Docker, and interfacing with external APIs
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- As much RAM as you can fit in a Macbook Pro
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
We’re excited to hear from you! Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.