Regulatory Intelligence Analyst
Who We Are
Ascent helps its customers follow laws and regulations. We are a new type of company, a “RegTech” organization that combines a SaaS platform with intelligent content to provide customized tools and targeted advice for our customers. We’re using modern techniques like machine learning and predictive analytics to stay at the forefront of our industry.
The Ascent platform makes it easy for compliance officers in regulated industries to see exactly what is expected of their companies, then track and report on the steps they’re taking to stay compliant. Before Ascent, this was a very expensive manual process. Reasonable regulation is an important part of the free market, protecting consumers and leveling the playing field. But due to their complexity and sheer volume, regulations often feel more like a punitive burden. By reducing the cost of compliance Ascent is encouraging innovation, helping existing companies stay in business, and making it possible for new companies to get started. The efficient intelligence we provide helps our customers fulfill the spirit (and letter) of their obligations in a way that lets them breathe easy and focus on building value for their own customers through their core business.
We’re currently focused on regulations in the financial services sector, though our platform is flexible enough to eventually handle all regulated industries (EPA, FDA, etc). We recently raised $6M in Series A fundraising from respected investors in this space who truly believe in the opportunity we’re pursuing. As a team, we explicitly value integrity, cooperation, persistence, customer obsession, and innovation. We believe a diversity of opinions and perspectives builds a stronger team and product.
Who You Are
You will aid in all aspects of the creation of data/content for the Customer Application (Content Creation Pipeline):
- Review regulations and distill requirements and supporting information (60%)
- Create/Maintain Regulatory Rule Changes (30%)
- Complete Customer Requests and help Operationalize Improvements (10%)
- Work with Manager to identify opportunities to improve Content Creation Pipeline and create efficient solutions
- Can distill and categorize regulatory language
- Has the ability to visualize words as data points, and vice versa
- Can break down large sets of regulatory data/text into rule summaries
- Can identify logical connections between regulatory rules and other documents/info
- Can review large sets of text data for consistency and logical structure
- Comfortable working in Google Docs and Google Sheets
- J.D. or LLM
- Enjoys tackling ambiguous problems
- Takes initiative but also follows instructions when needed
- Maintains both big-picture thinking and detail-orientation
- Communicates realistic personal timelines and asks for help when overwhelmed
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in teams
- Interest in machine learning, natural language processing or predictive analytics with text preferred
- Content Associate will work directly below a Content Manager and will collaborate with team members, their Content Manager, and VP of Content.
- Salary starting at $45K with benefits (salary commensurate with experience)
- Located in Chicago, Illinois
- Start Date: ASAP
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!