Reference Document Analyst
Who We Are
Ascent helps its customers follow laws and regulations. We are a new type of company, a “RegTech” organization that combines a SaaS platform with intelligent content to provide customized tools and targeted advice for our customers. We’re using modern techniques like machine learning and predictive analytics to stay at the forefront of our industry.
The Ascent platform makes it easy for compliance officers in regulated industries to see exactly what is expected of their companies, then track and report on the steps they’re taking to stay compliant. Before Ascent, this was a very expensive manual process. Reasonable regulation is an important part of the free market, protecting consumers and leveling the playing field. But due to their complexity and sheer volume, regulations often feel more like a punitive burden. By reducing the cost of compliance Ascent is encouraging innovation, helping existing companies stay in business, and making it possible for new companies to get started. The efficient intelligence we provide helps our customers fulfill the spirit (and letter) of their obligations in a way that lets them breathe easy and focus on building value for their own customers through their core business.
We’re currently focused on regulations in the financial services sector, though our platform is flexible enough to eventually handle all regulated industries (EPA, FDA, etc). We recently raised $6M in Series A fundraising from respected investors in this space who truly believe in the opportunity we’re pursuing. As a team, we explicitly value integrity, cooperation, persistence, customer obsession, and innovation. We believe a diversity of opinions and perspectives builds a stronger team and product.
Who You Are
As part of this unique team, you will play an important role in innovating and finding solutions to process data faster using different platforms, contribute to and improve our current pipeline, all while delivering accurate data to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the types of documentation provided by regulatory bodies
- Identify which regulatory documents are relevant to customers
- Map the source of regulatory documentation found on regulator websites
- Review regulatory documents and extract data using different platforms
- Create new and maintain existing libraries of regulatory documents including updates
- Work alongside technology and data science team members to satisfy production and innovation deadlines
- Attend regular meetings
- Provide feedback on and improve process and organization of the Reference Docs Team
- Support in all aspects of the creation of data and content for Customer Application
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to adapt to change
- Comfortable using google sheets and excel
- Follow instructions and takes initiative but also when needed
- Maintains both big picture thinking and detail orientation
- Communicates realistic personal timelines and asks for help when overwhelmed
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in teams
- Interest in Machine Learning and predictive analytics with text
- Enjoys tackling ambiguous problems
Reports to: Reference Documents Manager
Salary: $35K plus benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!