Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated, self-directed and resourceful. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to mentorship and lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product. You are an experienced talent and recruiting professional in the technology industry with established network and hands on approach to talent acquisition.
You will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. Additionally, you will foster relationships with industry and talent leadership, and with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals.
Ultimately, you will work alongside our leadership team to grow our team in alignment with Ascent values, build our candidate pipeline and manage the hiring process from start to finish for positions across Ascent, including the following.
- Develop recruitment process in collaboration with Ascent leadership.
- Facilitate and implement all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborate with department managers and company leadership to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Help to grow a diverse talent pipeline
- Ensure each job is posted all appropriate sites and job boards relevant to the role
- Take ownership of outbound recruiting
- Screen applications and select qualified candidates.
- Schedule interviews; oversee preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assist with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Perform background and reference checks.
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other members of the staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attend and participate in job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Support co-op/internship programs
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with new trends and products in the FinTech, RegTech and recruiting spaces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative, able to adapt to changing priorities and work on multiple projects.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resources or a related field highly preferred.
- At least five years experience managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process required.
- Experience in technical, sales and/or legal recruiting highly desired.
- Experience in a high growth environment supporting rapid talent scale strategies highly desired.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred; Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with individual premiums 99% paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!