Who We Are
Ascent helps its customers follow laws and regulations. We are a new type of company, a “RegTech” organization that combines a SaaS platform with intelligent content to provide customized tools and targeted advice for our customers. We’re using modern techniques like machine learning and predictive analytics to stay at the forefront of our industry.
The Ascent platform makes it easy for compliance officers in regulated industries to see exactly what is expected of their companies, then track and report on the steps they’re taking to stay compliant. Before Ascent, this was a very expensive manual process. Reasonable regulation is an important part of the free market, protecting consumers and leveling the playing field. But due to their complexity and sheer volume, regulations often feel more like a punitive burden. By reducing the cost of compliance Ascent is encouraging innovation, helping existing companies stay in business, and making it possible for new companies to get started. The efficient intelligence we provide helps our customers fulfill the spirit (and letter) of their obligations in a way that lets them breathe easy and focus on building value for their own customers through their core business.
We’re currently focused on regulations in the financial services sector, though our platform is flexible enough to eventually handle all regulated industries (EPA, FDA, etc). We recently raised $6M in Series A fundraising from respected investors in this space who truly believe in the opportunity we’re pursuing. As a team, we explicitly value integrity, cooperation, persistence, customer obsession, and innovation. We believe a diversity of opinions and perspectives builds a stronger team and product.
Who You Are
You will be working with our users and engineers to identify and deliver innovations using data science and data engineering. These may include but are not limited to:
- Questioning every part of our knowledge platform product in an effort to make the platform and process more efficient
- Work with the Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver solutions that improve the lives of our users
- Actively prioritizing and running the product backlog while also helping socialize the value proposition of new features and changes
- Bringing your expertise in analyzing and marketing solutions within the product and engineering team
- As part of a small but growing team, you’ll be integral to the success of each set of content that fills our system, and will be a catalyst to our commercial growth going forward.
- 2-5 years of product management or business analysis experience
- Highly motivated and a real passion for bringing about significant change in the compliance/regulatory services world
- Ability to work with subject matter authorities in law, engineering and data science
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A can-do attitude
- Strong sense of design; and empathy for the users
- Standout colleague with a penchant for building strong, cross functional working relationships focused on team performance, rather than on individual success
- Strong leadership ability and a track record of product execution showing impact in driving projects forward within an organization
- Startup hustle and real passion for our mission
- An understanding of data analytics and the ability to use that in decision-making is helpful. Exposure and/or experience with SQL is a plus
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!