Enterprise Account Executive
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series A funding round of $6M in 2018. Our team is scrappy, creative, and collaborative with a “Yes, and” mentality. While we’re committed to doing great work, we also cherish having an empathetic, fun environment where everyone feels safe sharing their ideas and problem-solving together. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we’re solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product, including willingness to tackle projects head on and excitement about personal growth.
As trailblazers in our space, we’re looking for people passionate about selling new and innovative products, who aren’t afraid of challenging the status quo, and who have a thirst for knowledge to provide amazing solutions to clients that help them solve generations-old problems.
You’ll be selling an extremely innovative Knowledge-as-a-Service solution (KaaS) for a company that is first-to-market in the age of automated knowledge. As part of our Enterprise Sales Team, you will be selling to accounts across the financial services vertical focusing on the following:
- Managing complex sales-cycles often presenting to senior level executives on the value of our products.
- Orchestrating strategies and tactics for enterprise accounts e.g. land and expand
- Creating the case for change and helping client justify a new way of achieving regulatory compliance.
- Pipeline development and advancement through a combination of calls, email campaigns, and market sector knowledge/intelligence.
- Representing and promoting the Ascent solutions through product demonstrations, networking events, and initiatives aimed at your target market.
- Management of the sales process from end-to-end, engaging resources like content experts, engineers and internal research systems when required, assuring you deliver against key performance metrics with complete focus on new sales.
- Engaging with prospect organizations to position Ascent through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, risk analyses, references, and target’s data.
- Deliver against revenue quota objectives consistently.
- 5+ years of quota carrying software or technology solution sales. Enterprise sales required.
- Extremely strong relationship and organizational skills and the ability to effectively work with multiple organizations.
- Experience managing sales cycles from business champions to C-level staff.
- Track record of success in selling business applications and complex solutions (i.e. GRC, Information Services, Business Process Automation).
- Successful history of net direct new business sales, with the ability to prove consistent delivery against targets.
- Ability to understand business problems, articulate Ascent’s solutions, and establish a compelling reason to act.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional technical environment.
- 99% coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Commission rates above industry standards
- Uncapped Commission earnings for a first-to-market product
- Support/reimbursement for approved online learning courses
- Stock options
Relationships: The Enterprise Account Executive reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: ASAP
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- A collaborative environment with like-minded professionals excited to build a company and product together
- Opportunity to move up fast in the company and potentially manage people
We’re excited to hear from you! Please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.