Customer Success Specialist
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series A funding round of $6M in 2018. Our team is scrappy, creative, and collaborative with a “Yes, and” mentality. While we’re committed to doing great work, we also cherish having an empathetic, fun environment where everyone feels safe sharing their ideas and problem-solving together. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we’re solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product, including willingness to tackle projects head on and excitement about personal growth.
The Customer Success Specialist’s key functions fall primarily into two areas: 1) Customer Success and 2) Change Management.
The Customer Success Specialist (“CSS”) owns the entire post sales process. In order to be able to own the customer experience, the CSS needs to have a clear understanding of the entire customer lifecycle. The CSS and the Implementation Specialist work closely together during the sales finalization process, and the CSS should play an active role during the implementation process in order to have a good understanding of the customer’s existing processes and how they translate to the Ascent Platform.
Having a good understanding of the customer’s needs will allow for an easy transition from sales to implementation to ongoing support. During the transition process, the CSS needs to be aware of which features the customer has expressed an interest in (additional regulators, additional users, new product features) in order to help achieve the customer’s goals.
The CSS is an integral part of the implementation process. The purpose of the implementation team is to ensure a smooth transition of customers onto the Ascent platform. The implementation process begins during the sales process, continuing through to executing the contract. The Sales team and the CSS work closely together prior to the contract being finalized to ensure ongoing customer engagement and responsiveness to customer communications.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sales and Implementation team to ensure a smooth transition of the customer onto the Ascent platform.
- Understanding of financial services and how Compliance, Risk and Legal departments function
- Be an expert on the Ascent platform and have an in depth knowledge of our product and features.
- Be a solutions expert for our customers – Always be seeking new ways for Ascent to make the customer’s life easier
- Be the voice of the customer at Ascent – Ensure that all customer feedback is received and escalated to the appropriate team
- Be the face of Ascent in all matters – The CSS should be the single point of contact for all customer related issues and requests
- Build strong relationships not only with the customers, but also with the Ascent teams – In order to provide our customers the highest level of support possible, ensure that you have a good understanding of the Ascent organization and the people within it.
- Knowledge of Ascent will allow you to quickly and properly route issues and requests to the appropriate teams.
- Be an expert in analytics – Use analytics to track customer engagement and their experience. See what features the customer is using and possibly provide advice or guidance into other features.
- Deep understanding of the industry and how the Ascent system integrates into the customer’s environment
- Some project management experience would be a plus.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working in a customer facing role (ex: Account Management or Customer Success)
- Strong understanding of Financial Services industry as it relates to Compliance, Risk and Legal
- Experience working with technology or SaaS solutions
- Experience working with CRM software
- Prior experience working with analytics software; Having knowledge in pulling reports and manipulating data in order to gather valuable insights into the customer experience.
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- A collaborative environment with like-minded professionals excited to build a company and product together
- Opportunity to move up fast in the company and potentially manage people
The Customer Success Specialist reports to the Director of Solutions Engineering.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: ASAP
We’re excited to hear from you! Please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.