Customer & Delivery Support Manager
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent’s Customer Delivery & Support team is responsible for delivering across all aspects of our product – new regulations, product enhancements, and new features to continually elevate our customer experience. This team puts technology, problem-solving and project management skills to work in this highly collaborative and supportive role. The objectives of this team are:
- Delivery of customized products to customers, enabling customer success and business growth
- Support of our customers in product use, technical consultation, and issue resolution to continually enhance their experience
Who You Are
As a Customer Delivery & Support Manager with Ascent, you will be the conduit between our customers and product/technology teams for product delivery and support functions. You will have a critical partnership with our Customer Success specialists to meet the needs of our customers.
For all customer enhancement, feature, and support requests, you will lead project management and delivery plans for our customers. You will own and manage the support request pipeline and assist in triaging, resolution plans, and communicating status to customers. You will also use your business analysis skills to provide insights into product and technology on how to continually improve the product. You will have a deep knowledge of customer support processes, tools, and technologies. These skills, along with clear communication, problem ownership through to resolution, a proactive approach, and professionalism, build and reinforce long term partnerships with Ascent’s global clients.
You will have critical interfaces and partnerships with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering, and Operations teams. In this role, you will report to the VP Customer Delivery & Support.
- Strong emphasis on leading the development of processes and growing the function leveraging best practices
- Project management of all customer enhancement and feature requests for our global enterprise customers
- Triage and analyze customer support requests in accordance with the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and assign them to the technical support team for resolution
- Prepare and deliver weekly progress updates both to the customer and to critical internal stakeholders
- Develop a close working relationship with Product, Sales and Customer Success teams fostering collaboration and teamwork
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the product
- Provide feedback on product usage and features requested by customers to the product team to influence future roadmap direction
- Inform management on customer needs and business opportunities
- Improve customer relationships by providing timely and accurate responses to their inquiries
- Provide necessary technical consultation and support to customers on the SaaS platform and API
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience; CSM, PMP certification is a plus
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical project management or support role with significant customer-facing experience
- Experience in finance-related sectors – banking, broker-dealers and regulatory compliance highly preferred
- Experience in B2B, SaaS environment a plus
- Strong project management skills including proficiency with project management tools such as Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Proven track record of delivering optimal customer experience, including effective project planning, risk mitigation, and communication
- Deep knowledge of customer support processes, tools, and technologies including JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk, and/or any SCM systems
- Demonstrate a strong drive for efficiency, resolving problems and getting the work done in a timely, quality-focused manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities effectively
- Exemplary teamwork and collaboration skills
- Be a self-starter
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
We look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume to email@example.com.