Content Marketing Manager
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series A funding round of $6M in 2018. Our team is scrappy, creative, and collaborative with a “Yes, and” mentality. While we’re committed to doing great work, we also cherish having an empathetic, fun environment where everyone feels safe sharing their ideas and problem-solving together. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results.
Together, we’re solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
Your bar is higher than most, and you take great pride in producing quality work. You love imagining new ideas, but understand that in order to be truly effective, you must marry creative ideation with strong execution.
As Content Marketing Manager, you’re capable of driving content strategy with both a data-driven mindset and an understanding of Ascent’s position in the finance/compliance market. At the same time, you’re eager to get into the trenches and execute on a tactical level; after all, getting your hands dirty is a big part of the fun.
You’re a master wordsmith, able to transform seemingly complex concepts into written and/or visual formats that are accessible, engaging, and reflective of Ascent’s innovative yet friendly personality. You thrive on collaboration and appreciate that feedback (giving and receiving) is an integral part of the creative process. The prospect of building something from the ground up doesn’t scare you, it excites you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive and execute content strategy based on keyword research and market knowledge
- Plan content and manage editorial calendar
- Produce majority of top of funnel content, including blogs, press releases, whitepapers, videos, etc.
- Support creation of sales enablement materials
- Conduct research and interviews with internal stakeholders and external partners in order to produce highly authoritative and insightful content
- Manage executive thought leadership content
- Optimize content considering SEO and keyword strategy
- Promote content on social media and other channels
- 4-5 years of experience in planning and producing engaging content
- Exceptional writing skills
- Proficiency in content management software e.g. WordPress
- Demonstrated experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Demonstrated understanding of content/inbound marketing concepts and principles
- Demonstrated understanding of results-based content planning that will help Ascent achieve its objectives in growing brand awareness, educating the market, and generating/nurturing leads
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Experience in the finance, legal, risk, and/or compliance space
- Experience marketing B2B technology
- Experience with marketing automation (e.g. HubSpot, Pardot, etc.) and Google Analytics
- Experience in planning and producing video content and/or other visual formats
- Some experience in PR/media relations
- Some graphic design experience or strong “visual eye”
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, mental health insurance – with premiums fully paid by Ascent
- 401K offered
- Unlimited PTO and Bank Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Professional development stipend
- Top floor office in Prudential Plaza with an amazing view of the park/lake and Pedway access
- A collaborative environment with like-minded professionals excited to build a company and product together
- Opportunity to move up fast in the company and potentially manage people
We’re excited to hear from you! Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.